LIST OF ALLERGENIC SUBSTANCES
1. Cereals containing gluten (i.e. wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelled wheat, kamut wheat or their hybrid varieties) and products based on these grains, except:
a) wheat-based glucose syrups, including dextrose (1);
b) wheat-based malto-dextrins (1).
c) barley-based glucose syrups.
d) grains used for the production of distillates or ethyl alcohol of agricultural origin for alcoholic beverages and other alcoholic beverages.
2. Crustaceans and products based on crustaceans.
3. Eggs and egg-based products.
4. Fish and fish-based products, except:
(a) fish gelatin used as a carrier for vitamin or carotenoid preparations;
(b) fish gelatin or fish glue used as a clarifying agent in beers and wines.
5. Peanuts (peanuts) and peanut-based products.
6. Soya and soy-based products, except:
(a) fully refined soybean oil and fats derived from soybeans (1)
b) naturally blended tocopherols (E306), natural D-alpha tocopherol, natural D-alpha tocopherol acetate, natural D-alpha tocopherol succinate from soybean seeds
(c) phytosterols and phytosterol esters derived from soybean vegetable oils
d) phytostanol ester produced from soybean seed vegetable oil sterols.
7. Milk and milk-based products (including lactose), except
(a) whey used for the production of distillates or ethyl alcohol of agricultural origin for spirits and other alcoholic beverages
8. Nuts with shell, i.e. almonds (Amygdalus communis L.), hazelnuts (Corylus avellana). walnuts (Juglans regia), cashews (Anacardium occidentale), pecans [Carya illinonesis (Wangerh.) K. Koch], Brazil nuts (Bertholletia excelsa), pistachios (Pistacia vera), macadamia nuts and Queensland nuts (Macadamia ternifolia) and products based on the above, except a) nuts used for the production of spirits or ethyl alcohol of agricultural origin for alcoholic beverages and other alcoholic beverages.
9. Celery and celery-based products.
10. Mustard and mustard-based products.
11. Sesame seeds and products based on sesame seeds.
12. Sulfur dioxide and sulphide compounds in concentrations above 10 mg/kg or 10 mg/litre expressed as SO2.
(1) And their products to the extent that the process they have undergone is not likely to increase the level of allergenicity assessed by the EFSA for the relevant product from which
they come from.
13. Lupine and lupine-based products.
14. Molluscs and mollusc-based products.